Tuesday 11 September 2012

# 2: To me, Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things...


Ok... 3 weeks to go and I'm nearly organised.
Passport... sorted,
Immunizations... sorted, 
Medical Insurance... sorted,
Mail redirection...sorted,
International Driver's licence...hmmm, better get that today.

At this point I really need to thank all the wonderful friends and family who have pulled together to fund the purchase of over 100 books that I needed for the course I'm preparing & to help me pursue this dream.

I couldn't have done it without your help and I'm truly grateful to you all;
To my dear brother, Hank, your contribution not only paid for the bulk of the books we needed but left a substantial amount for Tara to direct where it's most needed.
To my wonderful son, Alex & daughter-in-law, Melissa, who said: "send me a list", then filled it & sent it to me on the spot.
To Shell and Anita whose friendship I know I can always depend on and who also donated their own favourite books from the list.
And to another dear friend, Maggie, who also said " send me a list" then 'networked' among her own friends and, with the help of Carmen, Lily and Wendy, filled it and had it shipped to me.

Then there's my precious son, Jay. He's been a solid , unwavering rock of support , love and practical advice ( as always..), not to mention technical advice - phone, laptop & skype access all sorted. A never ending supplier of great hugs, words of encouragement and faith in me. You even make be believe in myself dear one - even if I haven't kicked my coffee addiction ...yet...

Then, of course, there's my exceptional daughter, Jasmine, without whom none of this would be happening at all. She took me on that first S.E.Asian adventure, when I really needed something to fill the void in my life after my husband died. She kept on eye on the CCT website, encouraged ( read "hassled-the-dickens-out-of-me" ) to apply for this position when it first appeared & has provided me with an endless source of  love & support. 

To all of my children, big & little, I'm so proud of you. I love you all, heart & soul and will miss you every day.

CCT update - thanks primarily to the proceeds from their shop, Juey Bazaar, CCT have arranged funding for 80 'street kids' to attend school for 12 months, including fees, books, uniforms, shoes, bags and anything else they need. These children have never had the opportunity to go to school before so it will be a wonderful opportunity for them.


 Hopefully the funding will continue, to keep them there for years to come...Hint, Hint people - please consider going to the Cambodian Children's Trust website ( the link is on this page) and donate what you can, so Tara can continue to expand her insightful programs with these children.


I guess it's time to book my flights...

   

1 comment:

  1. Awww ma. We are all really proud of you too. I will miss you while you're away but I couldn't be happier to be sharing you with some very deserving children. I am so lucky to have you as my mum and it would be selfish of me not to share my good fortune! I love you and I look forward to visiting you while you are there. xxxx

    ReplyDelete